Boela Gerber ( Winemaker )
(B.Sc. Viticulture & Oenology) University of Stellenbosch
After six years in the industry Boela Gerber joined Groot Constantia on 1 January 2001.
- His post-graduate grooming began at Stellenzicht under the mentorship of Andre van Rensburg (currently at Vergelegen).
- After two years Van Rensburg resigned, leaving Gerber as cellar master for the 1998 harvest.
- Thereafter he spent some time at Rickety Bridge, before joining us in the Constantia Valley.
- In 2002 Boela won the Diners Club Young Winemaker of the Year Award.
Boela has worked harvests at the following international wineries:
- Chateau Angelus in St Emillion
- Chateau Merlet, Entre deuxMers, Bordeaux
- Villa Palazzo in Chianti Classico, Tuscany
- Bodega Baigorri in Rioja Alavesa recently
Rudolph Steenkamp ( Assistant Winemaker )
Rudolph Steenkamp attended Oakdale Agricultural High School in Riversdale from 1999-2003.
He studied at the Elsenburg Agricultural Institute and successfully completed his B-Agric Degree in Cellar
Technology & Management from 2007-2010.
Rudolph had the opportunity to gain international exposure in 2012 with harvests in the Coonawarra region of Australia and Southern Rhône, France.
Locally he gained experience a Tokara (2011), Hidden Valley (2013) and was assistance winemaker at Welmoed in 2014.
Floricius Beukes (Viticulturist/ Estate Manager)
Floricius developed his passion for the industry in the wine growing regions of France and began 'life in Constantia' (as he puts it) in 2003, as the assistant winemaker at Klein Constantia. After 2 short years he moved out of the cellar and took over the Viticulture and the Management of the vineyards at Klein Constantia.
In March 2011 he joined Groot Constantia as Viticulturist / Estate Manager.
Floricius has worked a harvest at Domain Pascal-Jolivet in Sancerre.