A Perfect Pairing of Chocolate and Friendship
Growing up, I remember watching a popular chocolate advert in the 90’s, where the animated kid sits next to a friend eating his stack of chocolate covered candies and finally gets to his last piece, and wonders just looking at his glum friend to share it or instead savour that last little bit of deliciousness. He of course decides to share his last piece of chocolate with the friend. The advert and tagline made me think about chocolate and how it was made for sharing for that special people or person in your life. Chocolate like a gift from the gods albeit friendship too! Someone once said that there is nothing better than a friend, unless it’s a friend with chocolate. International Chocolate Day was celebrated on the 7th July and International Day of Friendship will be taking place on the 30th July.
Come closer chocoholics – there’s another good excuse to consume your favourite treat with your favourite person and there’s two whole days dedicated to it! To celebrate these two auspicious days, we have a few more delicious pairings that goes perfectly with chocolate (other than our popular wine and chocolate pairing) Here are a few ideas to enjoy your favourite sweet treat:
- Visit Simon’s or Jonkershuis for a glass of your favourite Groot Constantia Wine and a delicious chocolatey dessert!
- After your wine and chocolate pairing at Groot Constantia, you get to purchase your favourite tasting to take home and continue the amazing experience with or gift to a friend.
- Save the Pairing you purchased as your next party trick for a dinner party or braai. This will certainly intrigue and pique a few guests senses!
Our ever popular Chocolate and wine pairing is the perfect way to celebrate any friendship, best of all, you receive a Spiegelau Crystal wine glass as the perfect keepsake to always remember a special day spent at Groot Constantia. For only R155 experience the Visitors Route tour and a Chocolate and Wine pairing or for R140 you only get to partake in the pairing which excludes a tour. No need to book if you are in groups smaller than 5.
To book a pairing with your best pairing:
By Dominique Solomon – Content creator, photographer and wine blogger.
From our cellars Frederick the Great of Prussia, Louis Phillipe (King of the French) and Napoleon were supplied...
come and add yourself to the list!
Become part of a lineage of royalty and noble men who have savoured our wines for centuries.
By joining our exclusive Groot Constantia Wine Club you will enjoy the following exclusive benefits:
- No initial sign up cost
- Wine Club Members receive a standard 10% discount on Groot Constantia wines bought at the Groot Constantia Wine Estate and on our website www.grootconstantia.co.za
- Be among the first to be informed of specials and new releases
- Have the exclusive opportunity to pre-order new vintages