Groot Constantia Celebrates 333 Years Of Wine Making
On 13 July 2018, our Wine Estate celebrated our 333rd birthday with a special event that included a tree planting and an unveiling of a special Groot Constantia Pontac 1855!
Groot Constantia’s 333rd Birthday Celebrations
Our 333rd birthday was not just about the past but also looking toward the future. Trees were planted, with the help of Groot Constantia staff, invited media and guests. The tree planting symbolized our commitment to conservation for the next 333 years, and beyond.
Groot Constantia: The Best is yet to come
It all began 333 years ago. Groot Constantia is South Africa’s first wine farm. Now loved around the world. Celebrating family and friends: this is Groot Constantia. The best is yet to come.
Groot Constantia Celebrates 333 Years With The Media
Our guests included media, bloggers, and wine industry leaders – who shared their heartfelt congratulations and best wishes for the future.
- Teresa Ulyate from cupcakesandcouscous.co.za
- Kathryn Rossiter from becomingyou.co.za
- Joshua Roode from capetownisawesome.co.za
- Graham Howe from wine.co.za
- Joanne Gibson: wine and lifestyle writer
- Wade Bales from The Wade Bales Wine Society
- Dr. Ernest Messina: Chairman of the Groot Constantia Trust
- Dr. Winnie Bowman from Cape Wine Master
From our cellars Frederick the Great of Prussia, Louis Phillipe (King of the French) and Napoleon were supplied...
come and add yourself to the list!
Become part of a lineage of royalty and noble men who have savoured our wines for centuries.
By joining our exclusive Groot Constantia Wine Club you will enjoy the following exclusive benefits:
- No initial sign up cost
- Wine Club Members receive a standard 10% discount on Groot Constantia wines bought at the Groot Constantia Wine Estate and on our website www.grootconstantia.co.za
- Be among the first to be informed of specials and new releases
- Have the exclusive opportunity to pre-order new vintages