Visitors Route Experience
In Groot Constantia’s effort to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the following offerings have been temporarily suspended until further notice:
- Visitors Route Experience
- Access to Manor House, Manor House Museum and Cloete Cellar
- Cellar tours
- School tours
- Trail runs
- All other public events
We do wish to assure the public that Groot Constantia will be open 7 days a week offering wine tastings and wine sales from the Groot Constantia Bottom Cellar and Production Cellar in line with government policy guidelines published 18 March 2020:
- Bottom Cellar: Operating Monday to Saturday 09h00 – 18h00 and Sunday 09h00 – 13h00
- Production Cellar: Operating Monday to Saturday 10h00 – 17h00 and Sunday10h00 – 13h00
Situated only 15 minutes from Cape Town’s CBD, Groot Constantia offers a unique and world-class Visitors Route Experience:
Starting at the original Manor House, the unique new Visitors Route takes guests to the Cloete Cellar, the birthplace of the famed Grand Constance. Here one can enjoy a wine tasting of five award-winning wines in a Spiegelau crystal glass - yours to take home as a souvenir. From there guests visit the modern Production Cellar, which is the departure point for the self-guided cellar and vineyard audio-tours.
Buy 1 ticket (R115 per person) and get:
- Entrance to the Groot Constantia Manor House
- Entrance to the Cloete Cellar
- Wine Tasting of 5 wines
- Souvenir Spiegelau Crystal Glass
- Guided Cellar Tour
- Modern Day Cellar Tour – self-guided audio
- Vineyard Tour – self-guided audio
- Manor House Tour – self-guided audio
Or add a Chocolate and Wine Pairing to your Visitors Route Experience (R165 per ticket) and get the above plus:
- 5 selected wines with 5 handcrafted chocolates.
A taste and visual feast of Groot Constantia
Buy Wine: Groot Constantia wines can be purchased in both the Cloete Cellar and modern Production Cellar.
Two Restaurants: The estate also boasts two top-notch restaurants, Jonkershuis and Simon’s, where visitors can eat after they have finished exploring the Visitors Route. Booking before-hand is highly recommended at these popular restaurants.
South African Art: Art appreciators can enjoy a visual feast of original South African art at the Art @ Constantia Gallery.
Sneak peek into the route
From our cellars Frederick the Great of Prussia, Louis Phillipe (King of the French) and Napoleon were supplied...
come and add yourself to the list!
Become part of a lineage of royalty and noble men who have savoured our wines for centuries.
By joining our exclusive Groot Constantia Wine Club you will enjoy the following exclusive benefits:
- No initial sign up cost
- Wine Club Members receive a standard 10% discount on Groot Constantia wines bought at the Groot Constantia Wine Estate and on our website www.grootconstantia.co.za
- Be among the first to be informed of specials and new releases
- Have the exclusive opportunity to pre-order new vintages